Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Winning Post!!!




Now, my tip for a little each way flutter on this Saturday's Grand National is Dream Alliance (not pictured above - that's a flat racer.), the horse that was bred on a Welsh allotment. An amazing story, read it here:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/8433158.stm

But I digress :)

Whoopee do! I did it! The Amazon voucher is *mine*

First of all, *huge* & grateful thanks to the lovely 23 Things help team & all my techno-savvy young colleagues who have so patiently steered me through any difficulties I've encountered - and there have been many :)

I have really, really enjoyed doing this. I've discovered loads of new things, & feel that I've massively improved my technical abilities. I think the most difficult thing to do was creating my I-Google page but, as I've gone on, I've got way more confident with up-loading, down-loading & feeling more sure about exploring new applications. There were points, during a wildly busy term, when I really didn't think I'd be able to complete some tasks but the thought of that voucher kept me going :)

I really like I-Google & Blogger & could play with Flickr for hours (note to self - restraint in all things:))
I've radically changed my view of Del.ici.ous & am using it, so the lesson there is perhaps to go back to some applications that I haven't got on with or found easy to use & reassess my initial view.
I do think, though, that my continued use of applications is going to be very much geared to being able to have them as gadgets on my I-Google page because it works well in the context of busy reading rooms not to have to keep logging in and out of applications & having to change screens.

Generally, though, I'm delighted to have mastered so much & to have explored Web 2.0.
I feel much more confident technically & am delighted that, at last, I know what this stuff actually *is*.

All in all, a great experience that I'm glad I did.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the end! Glad you've enjoyed the programme and found it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to buy a Virago with the voucher? I'm still tempted by those Louisa May Alcotts. Hurrah for making it to the end!

    ReplyDelete